Wednesday 15 February 2017

Term 1 Week 2

Today its Friday week 2. I feel glad that I have put into this class. In the last 2 weeks we have done the powhiri, maths, house captains, house points, monitors, art, games and what is the purpose of school.

House points The teachers introduced us to a new system. The new system is you cant get yellow cards or red cards you can only get ticks. The ticks are only for the people that are doing the right thing like respect, resilience and responsibility. Every time you get ten ticks you get a token and a reward. The rewards are better depends how many lots of ten ticks you have. If a teacher outside of the class sees you doing the right thing you get a token. To get tokens inside the class you need to get ten ticks. 

Maths Mrs Graham said that Elm Park was having there 50th anniversary.  As a gift, we where going to get a camera man with a drone to take a photo, of us shaped like a 50. It is our job to mark out the 50 on the field. So we went on google maps and took a screen shot of the field. Than put an image of a 50. Then we saw how the 50 lines up with the playgrounds the trees and the rugby posts.

Monitors On the very first day Mrs Graham asked me to be the bell monitor. That means that I ring the bell whenever it needs ringing. I am also a peer mediator for this year. Last year I also got picked to be a peer mediator. That means I don't have to do any of the training. I got picked to be the School Councillor. That means that I show people around the school and sometimes I host the assemblies.



No comments: